Top 10 SEO Interview Questions and Answers 2017
1) What is SEO (Search engine optimization)
2) What are out bound Links?
The outbound links are our website links to other webpage or website.
3)Can you tell me something about Googlebot?
To index a webpage Google uses the Googlebot software. Caching, Crawling and indexing of a webpage are done through Googlebot by collecting details from that webpage.
4)What is Cross linking and what are the function of Cross link?
- Cross linking is used to refer the process of linking one site to another site and provide a way to allow the accessing to it.
- It provides the users with reference sites that consists the content related to the search.
- It doesn’t need to be owned by the same person as it provides the methods that have been built on the Internet.
- It serves the purpose to display the page on the search engines using search engine optimization techniques and methods.
- The site ranking is calculated on the basis of the relevance of the sites and then it is reflected on the search engine.
- It uses SEO tools that provide reciprocal links and inbound links that can be used as our SEO.
5)What is the main purpose of using keyword in SEO?
Keyword is a single word, while a combination of those keywords makes phrases. These keywords or phrases are used by the search engines to populate the subjects over the internet. Search engine stores keywords in the database & when search is done, it will come up with the best possible match.
6)Can you mention the functions of body content relevance?
Whenever there is a text that does not have images on the web page is referred as body content relevance or non-image text. It helps in good optimization of the sites & also to improve your ranking in the search engine.
7)What are Spiders, Robots and Crawlers and what are their functions?
Spiders, robot and crawler, they are all same and referred by different names. It is a software program that follows, or “Crawls” different links throughout the internet, and then grabs the content from the sites and adds to the search engine indexes.
8)Tell me something about Black Hat SEO?
In order to get a high ranking in search engine result page, websites go for various methods and techniques which are characterized by two categories. One method that is acceptable by search engine guidelines is known as White Hat SEO, while the other method which is not acceptable by search engine guidelines is known as Black Hat SEO.
9)Name few Black Hat SEO techniques?
1. Link Farming
2. Hidden text, etc.
3. Gateway or Doorway pages
5. Keyword Stuffing
10)Can you differentiate between ‘nofollow’ and ‘dofollow’ link?
Nofollow links are not passed by search engines bot & therefore cannot be cached or indexed. Dofollow link is a kind of hyperlink and it passes through all search engines & it puts an impact over page rank.